Aircraft Maintenance Controller Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Annual Salary $60,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Controller job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
EVERTS AIR CARGO – Maintenance Controller (Fairbanks, Anchorage)
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we have positions open in Anchorage and Fairbanks for a Maintenance Controller.
· Housing provided during training
· Full benefits including Medical/Vision/Dental/401k with company match are available
· Positions open in Fairbanks and Anchorage
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo’s headquarters are located in Fairbanks Alaska. Fairbanks serves as our primary base for the maintenance department for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include A checks, B checks and C checks. Line maintenance functions are also conducted in Anchorage Alaska, and Laredo Texas. Our current fleet consists of the MD-80, DC-9, DC-6, and the C-46.
The Maintenance Controller is responsible to assist with troubleshooting and managing mechanical irregularities to help ensure schedule integrity. Maintenance Control will work with Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, and Flight Control to coordinate the scheduled workload for all maintenance bases. Maintenance Control maintains constant awareness of aircraft operational requirements and essential maintenance required for the continued airworthiness of aircraft. Maintenance Control will know the airworthiness condition of all aircraft at all times and will monitor all current maintenance activities. Maintenance Control is the primary interface between Maintenance, Operations, and Flight Control to provide updates on aircraft status and coordinate aircraft availability based on maintenance schedules and demands.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Results oriented
- Able to work well as a team member
- Able to understand complex systems to assist with troubleshooting
- Familiar with the MD-80/DC-9 aircraft
1. Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
2. Valid driver’s license
1. Requires Associate Degree in Aviation Maintenance, or equivalent level of training.
2. Requires and aviation maintenance background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in aircraft troubleshooting; performing line maintenance; technical manuals; Airworthiness Directives; aircraft dispatch requirements; and aircraft systems training.
3. Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills.
4. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Requires proficient computer skills.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.