Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
- Laredo, Texas
- Hourly $25.00 - $40.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Laredo TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
EVERTS AIR CARGO – A&P Mechanics/Mechanics Helpers (Fairbanks, Anchorage, Laredo)
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we have positions open in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Laredo for A&P Mechanics, Avionics Technicians, and Mechanics Helpers on a career track to become an A&P.
- Housing provided during training
- Full benefits including Medical/Vision/Dental/401k with company match are available
- Positions open in Fairbanks, Anchorage, and Laredo
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo’s headquarters are located in Fairbanks Alaska. Fairbanks serves as our primary base for the maintenance department for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include A checks, B checks and C checks. Line maintenance functions are also conducted in Anchorage Alaska, and Laredo Texas. Our current fleet consists of the MD-80, DC-9, DC-6, and the C-46.
Mechanics will perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights. Mechanics will be familiar with and held accountable to the privileges, limitations, and recency of experience requirements listed in 14 CFR Part 65.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enjoy working on a diverse and growing fleet
- Task oriented
- Able to work well as a team member
- Seeking opportunities to develop their skill and knowledge base
- Able to troubleshoot complex systems
- Able to travel as a Flight Mechanic (Laredo)
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (for A&P applicants)
- Valid driver’s license
- Requires ability to understand and retain verbal and written information.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires manual dexterity to assemble and disassemble intricate assemblies.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 pounds or more.
- Requires ability to stand on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.