Ramp Service Specialist
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00 - $20.00
- Job ID
Ramp Service Specialist job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Ramp Services Specialist will direct, coordinate, and provide a variety of aircraft services including but not limited to loading/unloading, marshaling, towing, ground power operations, cleaning, deicing, pre-heating and other ground support activities to affect the safe and efficient ramp movements of arriving and departing aircraft for the purpose of completing Company business goals as a direct Air Carrier Airline.
- Responsible for always maintaining the safety and security of the ramp.
- Observe safe ground-handling procedures of ground service equipment, including the performance of pe-use operational checks & service checks/maintenance.
- Safely drive and operate ground equipment such as tugs, tow tractors, deicing equipment, heater units, and ground power units in areas of congestion under extreme conditions.
- Conduct marshalling and repositioning of aircraft under extreme weather conditions.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with or without the assistance of sight or visual aids.
- Must be able to work outside in the airport environment where extreme outdoor conditions may be encountered.
- Must be able to become qualified to operate all aircraft ground support vehicles and equipment.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Radio communication experience in a professional environment and knowledge of airport regulations is preferred.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $18/hour
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 403056083
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.