Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 135 Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $32.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 135 job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo’s headquarters are located in Fairbanks Alaska. Fairbanks serves as our primary base for the maintenance department for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include A checks, B checks and C checks. Line maintenance functions are also conducted in Anchorage Alaska, and Laredo Texas. Our current fleet consists of the MD-80, DC-9, DC-6, and the C-46.
The Aircraft Technician is responsible for repair and maintenance of aircraft. As a member of the maintenance department, the individual contributor role performs all functions in the repair and maintenance of aircraft, which includes dismantling, repairing, assembly, and construction of machinery and mechanical devices.
- Repair and perform maintenance on aircraft, including dismantling, repairing, assembly, and erection of machinery and mechanical devices.
- Perform all work in a prompt timely manner, adhering to all attendance reliability policies and procedures.
- Exercise the authority of an Airman Certificate (Repairman or Airframe and/or Powerplant) in signing the corrective action in maintenance documents or aircraft maintenance log for airworthiness release or return to service, ensuring such is in accordance with Everts Air policies and procedures.
- Act as cockpit coordinator, when assigned, to ensure safe operation of aircraft systems (e.g., flight controls, electrical, landing gear) from the flight deck.
- Ensure that a clean, safe, and orderly work area is maintained at all times.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and company procedures.
- Must have an adequate complement of sheet metal tools.
- Meets the recent experience requirements of 14 CFR 65.83 (i.e., six months experience in the last 24 months).
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to consistently lift 70 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Previous Prior Part 121 maintenance experience
- 5 or more years of aircraft technician experience.
- 2 or more years of college.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $32.00/Hour +DOE
4/10 Schedule Friday-Monday 6AM-5PM
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 436619364
This is a weekend slot consisting of Friday through Monday with 10 hour shifts 6AM to 5PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.