Cargo Agent Lead
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $24.00
- Job ID
Cargo Agent Lead job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Cargo Agent Leads supervise the daily cargo operation and complete daily warehouse, ramp and aircraft inspections. They assist in training and disciplining loadmasters and cargo agents.
- Supervise daily cargo operation.
- Complete daily staffing sheet and assign duties as appropriate to staff availability.
- Complete attendance sheet, monitoring employee attendance and timeliness.
- Monitor bypass, priority and non-priority induction operation to ensure safe and efficient execution.
- Monitor aircraft loading/unloading to ensure safe and efficient procedures are being followed.
- Keep abreast of any flight schedule changes that may occur throughout the day.
- Load planning.
- Communicate with the Operations or Cargo Manger regarding any special considerations for the day’s flights.
- Select the freight and mail for the day’s flights and enter totals on the Weight and Space Worksheet. Follow-up with the flight’s assigned loadmaster regarding any special considerations.
- Perform random load audits to ensure that all applicable paperwork and communication is being completed by the loadmasters.
- Communicate with other leads and departments regarding operation.
- Meet with flight crew regarding special loading/unloading requirements, day-to-day load information and other concerns. Meet with maintenance regarding aircraft readiness, positioning and general equipment squawks.
- Assist in training of loadmasters and cargo agents. Train and review duties for new and current loadmasters and cargo agents. Provide applicable equipment training for all employees as needed. Train and review general operations duties for all new and current cargo employees.
- Ensure personnel/visitors are conforming to airport security guidelines. Observe and report suspicious activity and/or freight. Challenge unauthorized individuals. Ensure that all EAC employees are wearing their airport badge.
- Meet with cargo employees and Management regarding procedure changes, safety, security, and other concerns daily, weekly, and monthly.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $20/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 436621659
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.