Cargo Agent Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $15.00 - $16.00
- Job ID
Cargo Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cargo Agents are responsible for following all Everts Air Cargo (EAC) policies and procedures while completing daily duties involving mail induction, cargo consolidation and storage, and aircraft loading and unloading. Cargo Agents work in the warehouse, on the ramp, and in EAC aircraft throughout the year and in a wide variety of conditions. Cargo Agents transport mail to and from the post office and transfer it to other air carriers around the airport. Completion of assigned duties is accomplished by EAC’s Cargo Agents while using a variety of company equipment.
Cargo Agent Essential Functions:
1. Induct Bypass, Non-Priority and Priority Mail into EAC’s transportation system, including stacking, shrink-wrapping, bagging and properly storing mail.
2. Operate company equipment while working in the warehouse and at the post office, including forklifts, box trucks and pallet jacks.
3. Conduct daily inspections of forklifts, box trucks and chip containers.
4. Maintain a clean and hazard-free work environment, including emptying trash cans, and cleaning box trucks and the warehouse as needed.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable with frequent changes.
3. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
4. Must complete Request for Computer Access form (PS Form 1357-S) from the USPS to allow access to the SAMS Bypass mail appointment web site.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.