Building Maintenance Supervisor Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $30.00
- Job ID
Building Maintenance Supervisor job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will ensure that the facilities and properties are safe, and mechanically efficient to ensure continuous function, and meet the needs of the users. This will include supervising building maintenance staff, trades, subcontractors, and vendors as directed by the General Manager. Prioritizing and processing routine and urgent work orders in conjunction with preventative maintenance and planned projects. Other duties include, but are not limited to, daily assessment of systems, developing and implementing a scheduled preventative maintenance program and overseeing ongoing projects. This individual ensures the optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and general building upkeep. This individual is expected to be the key interface between the building maintenance staff and the users of the facilities. This position is a working supervisor therefore is expected to perform maintenance duties including air handling, rough carpentry, painting, equipment or facility repairs, and other system.
Compensation Starting at $30 p/hr Depending on Experience
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 470214706
- Directly supervise employees in the facility maintenance department as directed. Prepare work schedules, assign duties, and ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Work with Human Resources for interviewing, hiring. Train employees based on the Training matrix established for Building Maintenance. Coach and discipline employees based on established company policies. Confront issues as they arise; foster teamwork and conduct annual employee evaluations.
- Responsible for the safety, security, and environmental compliance of facilities with existing federal and state regulations. Maintains the property to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws (fire, backflow, OSHA, etc.).
- Receives work requests, establishes priorities, and delegates assignments accordingly. Conducts ongoing inspections of all areas to ensure quality and timeliness of assignments.
- Develops documentation and PM programs, maintains accurate records of current equipment conditions, including roof, HVAC, utilities, electrical, and facility upkeep. Develops and facilitates tracking and PM processes for all systems. Constantly strives for improvements in work process and results to better meet organizational needs.
- May work as a plumber in assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and sewer systems, and in opening clogged drains.
- Acts as a carpenter in the alteration, repair, and maintenance of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, screens, scaffolding forms, wood fixtures, and furniture.
- May operate hand saw, planer, joiner, shaper, table saw, wood lathe, drill press, sanding machine, router, and electric drill.
- Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and uses all tools carefully and as instructed.
- Performs repairs to building fixture, cleans electrical fixtures and replaces bulbs, and performs touch-up painting.
- Estimates material requirements and tools or equipment needed to perform job. Maintains strict control over expenses (self and staff), PO assignment, bid acquisition and review and building maintenance purchases. Reviews same to ensure accountability.
- Erects or dismantles structures; repairs or refinishes walls or structures.
- Erects or dismantles roofing or siding.
- Assists in checking facility for safety hazards and following through with repair.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
- Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and comfortable with frequent changes.
- Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Aircraft Maintenance Inspector Fairbanks AK
Maintenance Foreman Fairbanks AK
Maintenance Controller Palmer AK
Maintenance Controller Anchorage AK
Maintenance Supervisor Laredo TX
Assistant Director of Operations Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Accounts Payable Clerk Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Helper Part 121 Fairbanks AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed