Human Resources Generalist Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Human Resources Generalist job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
To coordinate and administer the functions of human resources related to benefits and programs such as 401k, EEOC, insurance, leadership training and development. Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to drug & alcohol, workers compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development. Provide leadership, guidance, and counsel to leadership and employees in these and other areas to benefit the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
Compensation: Starting at $27.00 p/hr+DOE
Schedule: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Requisition ID: 520498951
- Oversee flow of HR-related information including compliance, data entry, retrieval, and generation of HR related reports.
- Assists in the development, and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for relevance and cost effectiveness.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Keeps abreast of legislation affecting benefits and programs; trains management and monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
- Advise Leadership on the responsibility of Everts Air under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Workers' Compensation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Federal Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act, and other government statutes and programs affecting personnel administration or the health and safety of employees.
- Responsible for the administration of employee benefits and programs including:
- Leave of Absences
- Life insurance
- Health and Dental plans
- 401(k) plan
- Employee assistance program.
- Workers compensation program
- Maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Reviews and analyzes reports of administrators and insurance carriers to ensure that their duties are carried out correctly.
- Assists Accounting with verifying the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all benefits programs. Resolve administrative concerns with the carrier representatives or broker.
- Initiates employee census annually to get quotes from insurers and providers of health benefits. Works with Sr. HR Management and CEO to select appropriate carriers.
- With Sr. HR Management oversight, review and approve employee leaves of absence. Process and maintain records for FMLA protected leave.
- Serves as liaison with Management, Employees, Medical Providers, and Insurance carriers for work related injuries and claims.
- Supervises the ongoing maintenance of all modified employee job descriptions. Consults with supervisors and department heads to record changes in duties.
- Monitors and directs Early Return to Work program for work and non-work-related injuries.
- Adhere to FAA and FMCSA regulations while maintaining Drug & Alcohol Program files that consist of the employee records, test results, background checks, and training records for the employees and leadership staff.
- Oversee the indoctrination of new employees and coordination of employees moving between the DOT and Non-DOT programs.
- Always be prepared to respond to FAA inquiries or audits.
- Complete the annual MIS report for the FAA.
- File CMS reports annually
- Respond to issues: accidents; property damage; etc. to schedule drug and alcohol testing.
- Assist with recruiting as required.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or two years related experience.
- Thorough understanding of requirements of Workers Compensation, DOT Drug & Alcohol program, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, IRS rules on pertinent benefit programs, and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.