Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Helper Part 125
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $25.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Helper Part 125 job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Assists with maintenance on company aircraft, as well as general hangar cleaning. Mechanic Helper is directly responsible to the assigned Mechanic or Repairman and will be supervised during the performance of work. Assigned A&P or Repairman will back-sign as proof of supervision. (14 CFR Part 43.3(d)) Mechanic helpers are expected to test for Airframe and/or Powerplant license, through substantial accumulation of OJT hours (or through college coursework on their own.) Payment for testing fees is available, with certain restrictions.
Compensation Starting at $25 p/hr
Requisition ID 453426330
- Be familiar with General Maintenance Manual, as all assigned duties must be accomplished in accordance with the policies and procedures therein. Review Maintenance Bulletins and Memos as they are issued.
- Assist A&P Mechanics and Repairmen with replacing parts, maintaining, and repairing aircraft.
- Use hand tools or power tools to adjust, connect, and disconnect wiring, piping, tubing, panels, and other parts.
- Perform duties such as furnishing tools and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for workers.
- Assemble and disassemble machinery, equipment, components, and parts.
- Clean or lubricate machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using power tools and cleaning equipment.
- Position vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects, for assembly or installation.
- Assist with preheating, deicing, aircraft launch and recovery, servicing, fluids, snow removal, and hangar recovery.
- Maintain currency in all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Requires ability to understand and retain verbal and written information.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires manual dexterity to assemble and disassemble intricate assemblies.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 pounds or more.
- Requires ability to stand on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please refer to AvJobs when applying for this position.
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Helper Part 121 Fairbanks AK
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 121 Fairbanks AK
Part Time Janitor Anchorage AK
Assistant Director of Operations Fairbanks AK
Aircraft Maintenance Inspector Fairbanks AK
Accounts Payable Clerk Fairbanks AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed