Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $32.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 125 job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights.
Compensation Starting at $32/Hour DOE
Requisition ID 453410181
- Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
- Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers.
- Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems.
- Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lb or more.
- Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference AvJobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.