Ramp Service Specialist Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00
- Job ID
Ramp Service Specialist job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Ramp Services Specialist directs, coordinates, and provides a variety of aircraft services including but not limited to marshaling, deicing, towing and other ground support activities to affect the safe and efficient ramp movement of arriving and departing aircraft.
- Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the ramp at all times.
- Safely drives and operates ground equipment such as tugs, tow tractors, deicing equipment, heater units, and ground power units in areas of congestion under extreme weather conditions.
- Conducts marshalling and repositioning of aircraft under extreme weather conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized ramp including snow and F.O.D. removal.
- Supports the Cargo Department by assisting with loading and unloading of cargo in the warehouse and from the aircraft, transporting of cargo between aircraft, opening and closing of aircraft cargo doors, and the completion of forms and paperwork related to the functions described.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation: Starting at $18.00/Hour DOE
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us via email at .
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.