Director of Maintenance Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $110,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Job ID
Director of Maintenance job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo’s (EAC) headquarters are located in Fairbanks Alaska. Fairbanks serves as our primary base for the maintenance department for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include A checks, B checks and C checks. Line maintenance functions are also conducted in Anchorage Alaska, and Laredo Texas. Our current fleet consists of the MD-80, DC-9, DC-6, and the C-46.
The Director of Maintenance (DOM) is responsible for the management and development of the EAC maintenance program, to ensure compliance with FAA regulations while providing exceptional fleet reliability to the airline. The DOM is responsible for meeting the strategic goals and objectives of the company through operational initiatives, input from the Air Carrier 119 members as appropriate, and “real time” knowledge of daily operations. They are responsible to develop future planning goals and objectives that are achievable, realistic, and complement the company’s growth strategy. Evaluate new equipment, software, tooling, or other technologies to enhance the quality of the maintenance program.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Providing direction, oversight, and leadership of a diverse workforce to include a strong focus on teambuilding
- Selecting and managing resources, including working with both internal employees and external vendors, to achieve company strategic goals
- Evaluating departmental performance to ensure it is meeting business needs and improving fleet reliability
- Critical thinking, time and organizational management
- Driving company values and philosophy through mentoring and development activities
- Able to understand, explain and troubleshoot complex systems
- Experience adding additional aircraft types to the 121 certificate
1. Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
2. Valid driver’s license
1. Meets the requirement of 14 CFR Part 119 for the position.
2. Requires ability to understand and retain verbal and written information.
3. Requires occasional lifting of weights of 70 pounds or more.
4. Requires ability to stand on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.