Weekend Structures Manager MIA Featured
- Miami, Florida
- Job ID
Weekend Structures Manager MIA job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Miami FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The weekend Structures Manager reports to the Structures Manager MIA and is responsible for his/her team in the performance of aircraft damage inspections, damage assessment, aiding in development of repair schemes in cooperation with Customer Engineering and/or the OEM, and repair of damage on Customer aircraft in accordance with the SRM, Engineering Orders and OEM drawings & directives.
- Perform aircraft damage inspections as required during maintenance visits, A checks and AOG’s.
- Provide detailed & accurate sketches and assessments of damage to Customer or OEM Engineering groups.
- Assist in development of repair schemes for damage outside SRM allowable limits.
- Perform cut outs, blending, painting and repairs according to the SRM or Customer/OEM Approved Technical data.
- Represent FEAM on all Customer recovery calls for AOG Aircraft due to structural or sheet metal damage.
- Research and develop materials list for each unique repair.
- Coordinate NDT, heat treat and composite work thru Approved Vendors as required.
- Manage and maintain the structures team, tooling and equipment.
- Recruit and train as required to maintain desired team strength.
- Coordinate travel as required to support AOG’s
- Support timely reporting to the Customer and FEAM during AOG events.
- Assist in projects to enhance training by building mock-ups and training aids as requested.
- Assist in projects to expand new in-house capabilities for service offerings such as NDT, composite repairs as directed.
- Ensure the requirements of the Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, Advisory Circulars, Manufacturer’s Service Bulletins, Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Structural Repair Manual (SRM), and any other Approved Technical data are adhered to.
- Accurately and legibly, record the maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer paperwork or online systems.
- Perform serviceability tests on repairs using test equipment specified in technical manuals.
- Supervise and monitor Man Hour utilization in collaboration with Production Planning and Control. Make sure that all labor and materials used are allocated to the proper work order and item number.
- Supervise and undertake maintenance, repair and modifications on airframe components and assemblies.
- Perform and supervise layout work, measuring, bending, and forming sheet metal in preparation for assembly.
- Perform and oversee the fabrication of sheet metal from raw stock by cutting down, drilling to prepare for installation.
- Perform layout and fabrication of replacement panels and plates for cracks or corrosion areas on aircraft.
- Qualified user/instructor on all structural hand tools and machine shop tools and equipment.
- A&P License
- Current Valid Driver’s License
- Able to Pass Airport Security Background Checks.
- Travels for work as required.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to Read and Write in English.
- 10 + years structural assessment and repair experience.
- Must be an effective communicator, capable of effective report writing and proficient with business correspondence.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have extensive experience in the repair and fabrication of parts for aircraft skin repairs, doublers, inter-costals, frames, webs, chords, attach mounts and all structural components.
- Must be knowledgeable in aircraft metals, structural components, aviation fasteners.
- Must be experienced in the use of all hand tools and shop tooling and equipment applicable to sheet metal and structural repairs.
- Must be knowledgeable in the heat treatment requirements of aviation metals
- Must be knowledgeable in NDT methods and application per Engineering requirements.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.