Service Check Manager MIA Featured
- Miami, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Service Check Manager MIA job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Miami FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Assures that all personnel under their management follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
- Assuring that the repair and overhaul of all components and aircraft within his jurisdiction is accomplished within the authority and rating of the repair station and that a qualified inspector inspects the work.
- Responsible for interviews, tests, and hires for personnel requirements in their department.
- Monitors progress and determine new employee acceptability during probationary period.
- Training and assisting subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed.
- Making available to department personnel appropriate tooling and test devices and required technical data on all components and aircraft overhauled or repaired by the Department and making sure the data is current with latest revisions. The data will include manufacturer’s overhaul manuals, service bulletins, parts specifications; related Federal Aviation Administration approved data, AD notes and any other technical data used.
- The maintenance of all department equipment and tools in a serviceable working condition, assuring that periodic checks and calibrations are made on test equipment and that current records are maintained of those tests and calibrations through the computerized calibration program maintained by the Logistics Manager.
- Ascertaining that the responsible technicians properly execute all necessary maintenance entries on maintenance forms used by the repair station.
- The quality of work performed by technicians.
- The proper handling of all materials and tagging of removed parts from the aircraft under service and when work is completed all scrapped parts are properly disposed of.
- Ensure that the Company’s Turnover Log is being utilized and properly filled out in accordance with company policy.
- To insure that the department is kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance (HQ/MIA).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using standard English.
- Able to interface in a pleasant and professional manner with all departments, level of management, customers and vendors.
- Able to complete assigned tasks, including follow-up assignments, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Data Analysis tools).
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to analyze information and utilize problem solving skills.
- Experience in a related aviation field.
- College or University 2/4-year degree preferred
- Aviation Management, Safety or related field; preferred
- FAA A&P certificate preferred
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.