Avionics Production Manager Featured
- Cedar Park, Texas
- Job ID
Avionics Production Manager job at Firefly Aerospace in Cedar Park TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace is a U.S. based advanced space technology developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space systems progression. We are committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design manufacture and operation of reliable launch vehicles.
This position is located north of Cedar Park at our facility in Briggs TX.
Firefly is seeking an Avionics Production Manager to support the build-up of Firefly s in-house avionics manufacturing and test capabilities starting with flight harnesses and progressing to avionics boxes and circuits.
- Build up and manage the avionics manufacturing team of engineers and technicians
- Work closely with avionics design team to manufacture as designed hardware and give manufacturing feedback to design for harnesses boxes and circuits.
- Work closely with integration engineering to determine manufacturing priorities and demand
- Manage ME s and create work instructions for in-house fabrication of flight harnessing electro-mechanical assemblies and acceptance test equipment
- Adopt and tailor manufacturing and quality standards for harness and electro-mechanical assembly production
- Manage priorities and workload of production resources
- Resolve non-conformances found in the production process and disposition deviations with rationale acceptable for spaceflight
- Develop production floor for electro-mechanical assembly and harness fabrication per clean room and ESD guidelines
- Assist moving avionics manufacturing into the company ERP workflow and give feedback to ERP development team to improve the process for avionics needs
- Optimize and automate manufacturing and test processes
- Deliver completed Avionics hardware to vehicle integration with full confidence in the as-built reliability of the hardware
- Bachelor s degree in STEM field
- Minimum 5 years avionics manufacturing experience
- Experience creating work instructions for technicians
- Managerial experience of engineers and technicians
- Experience with a quality management system
- Familiarity with NASA STD 8739.4 and ESD practices
- Understanding of grounding bonding and shielding
- Knowledge of torque tools guidelines and secondary retention
- Proven track record of pragmatic manufacturing of high performance hardware resulting in a successful mission
- Experience with FMEA s Cpk s Pareto Charts Process Optimization and other Six Sigma tools
- Scripting and database experience a plus
- Experience manufacturing spaceflight hardware
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race color religion gender national origin/ethnicity veteran status disability status age sexual orientation gender identity marital status mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Firefly Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.