Load Planner Urgent
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Hourly $21.00
- Job ID
Load Planner job at FlexTek Resources in Kansas City MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
PrimeFlight Cargo is seeking a Load Planner go join their growing team at the Kansas City International Airport! As a Load Planner you will assists with the planning and sorting of loads and Unit Load Devices (ULDs) in support of our cargo operation. Candidate must be detail oriented and experienced in data analysis as you will need to be able to calculate aircraft weight and balance via approved software package. Including entry of planned payload and aircraft type, check to ensure plans do not exceed compartment limits, lateral imbalance, and maximum payload.
Pay: $21 per hour
- 12:00PM-8:30PM or
- Provides information to management for pre-sort, and during sort production meetings. This includes information such as the status of container inventory, planned containers by flight, status of damaged containers or nets, and other special sort-specific load instructions.
- Ensures Unit Load Devices (ULDs) are in airworthy condition and load plan reflects the current container inventory status.
- Verifies the required number and sequence for loading and departing ULDs.
- Communicates with Sort Management and PAs during the sort to ensure accuracy of container load quality and accuracy.
- Audits the ULD weights on closed containers and communicates discrepancies to sort PAs.
- Monitors real-time actual ULD closed container counts to ensure not to exceed the load plan. Communicates concerns to sort and ramp management if adjustments are required.
- Calculates aircraft weight and balance via approved software package, including entry of planned payload and aircraft type; this includes checks to ensure plans do not exceed compartment limits, lateral imbalance and maximum payload.
- Plans all cargo loading sequences and creates all cargo load sheets.
- Ensures accurate and timely load planning paperwork to include all required weights, limits, and fuel calculations.
- Verifies all containers and container weights are accurately input into the weight & balance system.
- Provides weight and balance and aircraft loading information to air carrier personnel responsible for releasing flight.
- Experience in operational planning and resource allocation preferred
- Previous lead experience preferred
- Must successfully complete all training requirements and maintain certifications throughout employment
- Must be able to read and interpret documents
- Must be able to write reports and correspondence
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1+ year work experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
We hope you are interested in joining our growing team and invite you to apply today!
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
FlexTek Resources Company Overview
Do you want to join a growing team in the exciting aviation services industry? If you are looking for a career you can grow with, and you work well in a team-oriented environment, we want to speak to you. Our client, PrimeFlight Cargo is always looking for safety and service-minded team members with a positive attitude to join their team. Advancement opportunities are also available across their network! Why work for PrimeFlight? Full time employees enjoy health benefits, 401K, paid holidays and more Take advantage of career advancement opportunities with our growing company across the US, Puerto Rico and Canada Work in a team environment focused on customer service, safety and quality PrimeFlight is an equal opportunity employer (AA/M/ F/D/V)