Remote Pilot Operator Hot
- Westbury, New York
- Job ID
Remote Pilot Operator job at FosterThomas in Westbury NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Remote Pilot Operator (RPO) - FAA Controller Training Services (CTS)
Location: New York TRACON (N90) Westbury NY
- The RPO operates a display keyboard and Voice Communication System (VCS) to simulate the actions and communication of pilots and remote ATC facilities during training exercises.
- RPOs receive voice commands from students input proper entries into the automated system to simulate pilot actions translate displayed information into appropriate ATC terminology and respond to the student via the VCS utilizing proper phraseology.
- Candidates for these positions must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one (1) year of experience in a comparable position.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate minimum keyboard speed of forty (40) wpm with ninety (90) percent accuracy possess an ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals and have the ability to speak clearly and be understood.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective team functioning skills
- MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word PowerPoint Excel etc.)
- Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets notebooks applications etc.)
- The candidate will be required to complete the following certifications: Classroom (pass test on airspace and procedures) and Lab (perform as a Remote Pilot Operator on all positions).
- Upon successful completion of the knowledge tests the RPO will begin training for the skills tests.
- The RPO shall achieve simulation laboratory certification within one hundred twenty (120) days of reporting for duty at the facility.
FosterThomas Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.