Aviation Engineer Featured
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Job ID
Aviation Engineer job at GEC in Baton Rouge LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Candidates should have as a minimum:
1. BS in Civil Engineering and registered as a Professional Civil Engineer
2. Minimum 5 years as an Engineer of Record role in the design and preparation for airside and landside construction projects
3. Registered as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana or the ability to gain registration through reciprocity within 6 months
1. Must have an in-depth working knowledge of aviation planning programming design and construction
2. Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
3. Familiar with airport design standards including FAA Advisory Circulars
4. Knowledge of FAA Airports policies and procedures
5. Strong verbal and written communications skills
6. Authorized to work in the United States
1. Will lead civil engineering tasks provide excellent client service manage quality and perform in a team environment.
2. Assist Project Managers and Engineers in design oversight coordination and CADD related tasks during the proposal design and construction phases.
3. Utilize appropriate design software in performing quality assurance reviews of design activities of the various design consultants.
4. Plan schedule and provide work directions as required for the preparation of designs processes reports correspondence and related data.
Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
5. Identify design requirements for structural and civil elements including but not limited to reinforced concrete steel masonry and wood structures.
6. Perform engineering assessments of structural deficiencies failure analysis provide remedial solutions prepare technical reports and verify As-Built record drawings for accuracy.
7. Assist in cost estimates and material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of capital project estimates.
8. Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and with budget
Job Location: Baton Rouge LA
Status: Full time
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Resumes without the job number will not be considered
Job Open Date: 02/07/2020 Closed Date: UNTIL HIRE
Method of application: 1) ...@gecinc.com 2) PO Box 84010 Baton Rouge LA 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-###-####
G.E.C. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veterans status or disability status.
GEC Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.