Head Of Product Engineering Remote Anywhere Us Featured
- Sumner, Washington
- Job ID
Head Of Product Engineering Remote Anywhere Us job at GKN Aerospace in Sumner WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This position can sit remotely anywhere in the US
The Head of Product Engineering (US) is responsible for the professional standards of operation of the Product Engineering (US) function and its overall capability requirements in terms of people methods and toolsets. As a working manager the Head of Product Engineering (US) will also provide occasional direct support to programs sites and business projects whilst executing the leadership and management responsibilities of the position.
- Overall responsibility for the process of creating and verifying the quality of engineering deliverables and documentation created by Product Engineering (US) teams.
- The management and provision of capability (skilled resources) in accordance with validated PGM Chief Engineer demand and as deployed by through the Business Operations Management team.
- Identification and delivery of professional development and training for all engineering expertise with the Product Engineering function in line with strategic capability needs of the business Line
- Develop and maintain approval capability including processes as per the QMS/DOA requirements i.e. checkers approvers authorisers Compliance Verification Engineers (CVE) as appropriate.
- Maintenance and development of Product Engineering methods processes tools including awareness and implementation of industry best practices.
- Provide both technical and process guidance to the Program teams and demonstrate a proactive approach to continuous improvement and LEAN Enterprise within the function.
- Proactively support Engineering Business Operations Management team to manage work package off-load activities to approved external suppliers.
- Represent the Product Engineering (US) Function at Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) Critical Design Reviews (CDR) Design Visual Inspections and Technical Review Boards (TRB s) inter alia.
- Take functional responsibility for all Product Engineering issues related to existing future or legacy platforms including establishing and maintaining of Design Organisation Approvals (or similar) via the airworthiness authorities and customer base.
- Address performance issues of Product Engineering (US) staff in a timely manner and encourage excellent performance in all aspects of the job.
- Requirements and practice of Product Engineering (US) data management including control and management of Product Engineering data.
- Manage the Product Engineering functional budget.
- Bachelors in Engineering or similar functional discipline
- 10 years of experience in the field of Engineering
- 3 years in a management position
- U.S. Citizenship per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA
- GKN experience
- Ability to qualify for DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience of working within in complex multi-national organisational/matrix structures
- Available for regular travel to support IPT customer and/or supplier meetings primarily within US regions. Some international travel as required.
- Knowledge of business processes regarding engineering manufacturing finance etc. as used in the aircraft industry
- Experience in the execution of large-scale non-recurring projects.
- Previously held technical authority / approved signatory status
- Experience of configuration control and project management.
- Experience in the (technical) management of complex organizations.
- Experience of EASA/FAA design office requirements
- Lean Six-sigma or similar continuous improvement system qualifications (eg. Black-belt)
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
GKN Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.