Part Time AP Mechanic Featured
- Hillsboro, Oregon
- Job ID
Part Time AP Mechanic job at GMJ Air Shuttle in Hillsboro OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for all aircraft maintenance as directed per 14CFR the company GMM and customer requirements.
- Accomplish periodic checks and operations on aircraft and engines in accordance with furnished work instructions maintenance task cards maintenance manuals and other applicable data.
- Perform maintenance repair and alterations on company or customer aircraft in accordance with furnished work instructions maintenance task cards maintenance manuals and other applicable data including standard industry practices acceptable to the Administrator.
- Perform deferrals in accordance with deferral procedures and MEL Manual.
- Document all work in accordance with procedures and standard industry.
- Each maintenance person (mechanic or inspector) who is directly in charge of maintenance preventative maintenance or alteration and each person performing required inspections must hold an appropriate airman certificate. A person who is “directly in charge” need not physically observe and direct each worker constantly but must be available for consultation and decision on matters requiring instruction or decision from higher authority than that of persons performing the
- All company maintenance personnel will dress in a manner reflecting a professional. They should appear neat and clean and be dressed in compliance with company policy.
- Notifies the DOM of any discrepancies or unairworthy conditions found during the performance of work assigned.
- Notifies the DOM immediately about any conditions that would create a problem relating to parts materials airworthiness or workmanship.
- Must possess sufficient hand tools to perform his/her duties as a
- When directed he/she will attend any maintenance training program the Company may establish.
- Responsible for completing all required paperwork entries in a clean neat and legible.
- Maintains their working area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Three or more years experience on like type aircraft in a flight operations environment.
- Be qualified through training experience and expertise.
- To the extent of their responsibilities have a full understanding of the following materials with respect to the certificate holders operation:
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- The certificate holders operations specifications
- All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements of 14 CFR (e.g. Parts 1 21 23 25 43 45 47 65 91 and 125)
- The manual required by 14 CFR 125.249
- Hold a current mechanic certificate with FAA airframe and powerplant ratings
- Must have strong communication skills
- Location – Mesa Arizona (IWA)
- Department – Maintenance
- Reports To – Director of Maintenance
- FLSA Classification – Non-exempt
- Sitting - Occasionally
- Walking - Occasionally
- Reaching - Frequently
- Bending - Frequently
- Handling - Frequently
- Climbing - Frequently
- Balancing - Occasionally
- Stooping - Frequently
- Kneeling - Frequently
Auditory and Vision Requirements:
- Ability to judge distances - Frequently
- Read signs from a distance - Occasionally
- Extended hours working at a computer - Rarely
- Working in a loud environment - Frequently
- Speaking publicly - Rarely
- Lifting of up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis - Frequently
GMJ Air Shuttle Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.