Airport Engineer Featured
- Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Job ID
Airport Engineer job at GRW Engineers in Buckhannon WV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you a motivated AirportEngineer eager to apply your technical skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees? Join this leading design firm! Chapman Technical Group a division of GRW has an immediate opportunity for an Airport Engineer interested in expanding an existing airport design career with our aviation division in Buckhannon WV.
Since the days of Kitty Hawk airspace administration and its coordinating infrastructure continue to evolve at a rapid pace. Innovation approachability and safety are key engineering factors in the global world of aviation. By combining the latest aeronautical technology with resourceful designs our team of airport professionals excels in the ever-challenging demands of the aviation market. From nationwide obstruction mapping and FAA quality assurance procedures to airport design and runway enhancementsChapman Technical Groupis known for our expert knowledge in the industry. We offer our clients a history of excellent performance and innovative ideas that have resulted in award-winning aviation projects.
GRW/Chapman Technical Group offers employees an opportunity to work in a professional environment where your skills are deeply valued and where you are encouraged and supported to develop professionally. Working for GRW/Chapman Technical Group you would be responsible for a wide variety of innovative projects varying in size and scale throughout the region. The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced challenging environment.
GRW/Chapman is seeking the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- West Virginia PE or ability to be licensed within 6 months
- Familiarity with airport operations and aviation terminology required
- Knowledge and skills of civil engineering principles practices and methods
- Proficiency in civil engineering/design/CAD software including AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Experience designing site layout grading permitting and drainage for airport projects
- Understanding of and experience applying FAA and state regulations pavement design project estimating and capital improvement plan preparation
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills to effectively write reports and business correspondence and present information and respond to questions from managers clients and the general public.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan project resources maintain schedules and stay within budget
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Desire motivation and ability to exceed the firms and clients expectations
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth
What keeps GRW/Chapman Technical Group on top is our quality of service. Our corporate culture is one of close collaboration among our multidisciplinary project teams combined with strong management leadership. Regardless of size or complexity we use our diverse insights and perspectives to move projects forward in a timely and cost-effective manner while using clear and open lines of communication.
We look for individuals eager to develop their technical skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is important to us and the success of our company.
When you join our team youll be working for an award-winning full-service design consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years serving our regional national and occasionally international clients. Our objective is simple. We value our employees and take pride in providing them with the proper resources and tools to help them achieve professional excellence.
This type of opportunity does not become available often! We invite you to apply to join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Female/Male/Veterans/Disabled
GRW Engineers Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.