Aircraft Systems Design Intern Featured
- New Century, Kansas
- Job ID
Aircraft Systems Design Intern job at Garmin in New Century KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration but more often theyre a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy sustainable world.
Our avionics systems are taking off so were looking to board an intern to assist in the electrical systems design for our G5000 in general aviation and business aviation aircraft. Our aircraft systems design intern helps in the development of wiring diagrams wire harness drawings and other technical work needed to define the electrical aspects of the installation. Put us on your flight plan and send us your resume.
We are looking for an Intern to support our Avionics Systems Design role at our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in system level and electrical design of Garmin integrated avionics systems. Other essential functions include:
- Assist with development of avionics systems integration and functional requirement
- Assist in performing bench regression testing of avionics functionality
- Assist in generation of aircraft-level bench and ground test plans
- Assist in creation of certification test reports and other compliance data for submissions to the FAA
- Assist in preparation and verification of new installation documentation
- Assist installation technicians in troubleshooting installation wiring interconnects
- Accept and complete projects and other miscellaneous aircraft engineering duties as assigned
Qualified candidates have Completed coursework in Aerospace Engineering Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering; or sufficient relevant experience and possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Other requirements include:
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal written and interpersonal communication
Previous work or internship experience in design and certification of avionics systems installations experience with MATLAB AutoCAD and a cumulative GPA of 3.5 is highly preferred!
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives as well as world-class sporting events-and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways including through discounts on products and services opportunities to attend sponsored events and even help with work-life initiatives such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color national origin citizenship sex sexual orientation gender identity veterans status age or disability.
Garmin Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.