Aviation Systems Test Engineer 2 Featured
- Olathe, Kansas
- Job ID
Aviation Systems Test Engineer 2 job at Garmin International in Olathe KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
If quality and testing are your thing Garmin has your team. Were looking for systems test engineers who are driven to create quality products that enhance aviation safety and capability. From developing and executing systems test plans to reporting and analyzing results we need self-motivated team-oriented and confident engineers who strive for - and exceed - superiority. If you thrive on methodologies validations and executions we want to test you!
We are looking for a full-time Aviation Systems Test Engineer for our headquarters in Olathe Kansas. In this role you will be responsible for communicating status and schedule for the system testing needs applicable to planned deliveries. Other essential functions include:
- Generates test plans for verification of customer requirements which may include generation of automated scripts
- Provides feedback to development teams to ensure solutions are designed to meet system testing needs
- Provides troubleshooting support to identify the system root cause
- Provides clear and sufficient detail about issues observed with details sufficient for internal or external customers
- Identify and implement improvements to system testing processes and guidance
- Identifies improvements and modifies tools for use in system testing
- May set up and operate 3rd party equipment
- May Identify and coordinate updates and/or improvements to integration bench setups
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering Mechanical Engineering Aerospace Engineering Math Physics or another related field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 1-year relevant experience. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrates knowledge of several complex integrated avionic functions
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant tools for use in system testing
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills
Previous work or internship experience with consumer or aviation products is highly preferred! Pilot experience is also highly preferred!
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color national origin citizenship sex sexual orientation gender identity veterans status age or disability.
Garmin International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.