Adjunct Instructor Aeronautics
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Job ID
Adjunct Instructor Aeronautics job at Gateway Technical College in Kenosha WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Adjunct Instructor Aeronautics
Horizon Center (Kenosha) WI
School of Business and Transportation
12/31/2020 12:00 AM Central
Please Note: Unless otherwise indicated in this summary courses are delivered in a traditional face-to-face method on campus not online. THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME POSITION.
The purpose of this posting is to create a pool of qualified applicants to draw from as needed for temporary assignments.
If you are committed to providing higher education empowering individuals to achieve academic and career goals leading to a competent workforce we invite you to submit your application to be included in our adjunct faculty applicant pool. Our adjunct faculty instructors provide student centered instruction on a course by course basis. Adjunct faculty serve as temporary part-time instructors hired to provide instruction student advising and student support to our students. Compensation for adjunct faculty is determined according to our current adjunct faculty per credit hour or equivalent rate.
This instructor reports to the Dean School of Business and Transportation.
- Plan and teach courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
- Prepare a course syllabus which includes course requirements attendance requirements and grading criteria.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues
- Adhere to class schedules. Meet attendance standards.
- Remain current in practices trends and research related to areas of specialization or assignment.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students as needed.
- Check email or Blackboard for student rosters and other information as required.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to student matters.
- Participate in college campus and department evaluation processes.
- Attend adjunct faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Interact constructively with resident faculty.
- Promote the education/training program participate in efforts to recruit and retain students and participate in efforts to market Gateway.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and department guidelines.
Please note the above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
- Bachelors degree PLUS two years (4000 hours) occupational experience as a pilot and flight instructor
Associates degree in Aeronautics PLUS four years (8000 hours) occupational experience as a pilot and flight instructor.
- Included in the above experience must have a minimum of one year (2000 hours) of demonstrated relevant occupational experience within the last five years
at least 2 years of full-time (8 semesters of part-time) post secondary teaching experience in the occupational field must be within the last five years.
- Minimum of 500 flight hours as a pilot in command in both single and multi-engine airplanes (combined).
- Must possess: Current FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate with airplane single engine land.
- Must meet pilot in command recent flight experience requirements of FAR Part 61.57
Successful candidates must bring his/her pilot logbook(s) to support this information to the interview.
- Experience teaching adults.
- Experience with Drone flight training/ground instruction.
- Internal audit experience six sigma.
- Experience with online/blended course instruction.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Business and Transportation/Kenosha-Horizon Center
Flexibility is needed as schedule may vary to accommodate the needs of both day and evening students
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment eligibility for the United States.
- Must participate in competency based professional development (FQAS).
- Flexibility is needed to accommodate day evening and weekend students.
- Working experience with computer software systems.
- Tobacco-free environment.
Gateway will not discriminate against any employee applicant for employment student or applicant for admission on the basis of race color national origin ancestry sex sexual orientation creed religion political affiliation marital status parental status pregnancy disability age membership in any reserve component of the armed forces union affiliation arrest and conviction record or any other protected category under applicable local state or federal law. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process please contact Human Resources at . Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex or national origin. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process please contact Human Resources at .
Gateway Technical College Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.