Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sensor Operator Deployable FLEX Schedule
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sensor Operator in our Palmdale area!
Without appreciable direction this position exercises considerable latitude in overseeing ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning execution and briefing debriefing aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Assists the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) in safe operation of the aircraft and ensures mission execution. Qualified in multiple aircraft. As Instructor Sensor Operator provides academic and in-flight instruction and serves as company SO flight examiner and subject matter expert. Interacts directly with Engineering in the development of Predator aircraft and represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts or projects.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the UAV sensor/payload operations during all phases of ground and flight operations.
- Serves as a lead crewmember of the UAV assisting the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) as directed for safe operation of the aircraft to include reading checklists assisting in emergencies and effective crew resource management.
- Assists the PIC with mission planning briefing mission execution ground and flight safety and debriefing.
- Provides academic and in-flight instruction.
- Assists the PIC in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning execution briefing debriefing aircrew resource management and safety.
- Operates the payload of the UAV on the ground and in flight in support of customer requirements and successful execution of the mission.
- Participates in the preparation and presentation of continuation training of aircraft systems mission support and deployed operations.
- Instructs UAV student SOs in ground and flight operations and/or be qualified in multiple aircraft.
- Writes and reviews guidance and procedures related to deployment operations.
- Assists the PIC in complying with all governing regulations including service guidance company procedures and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Relocation is provided for some positions.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent and nine or more years of previous sensor operator experience or experience with the operation of complex integrated systems preferably airborne sensors including five or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation with significant deployment experience.
- Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAVs tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles.
- Must possess: (1) ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearances(s); (2) ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS; (3) ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate; (4) excellent analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees military and civilian customers contractors and aircrew; (5) the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (6) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Additional education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a four year technical degree or trade school equivalency is strongly desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance.
- US Citizenship required.
- Current or previous MQ-1/ MQ-9 Instructor/ Evaluator qualified highly desired.
- USAF qualified MQ-1/ MQ-9 Sensor Operator with a current Form 8 is highly desired.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 50% - 75%
Sensor Operator Deployable FLEX Schedule job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sensor Operator Deployable FLEX Schedule position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.