Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
FSO Industrial Security Specialist
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a FSO - Industrial Security Specialist out of our office in Washington DC.
Without appreciable supervision this person will perform as a working Facilities Security Officer in the Washington DC area responsible for administering a security program compliant with the National Industrial Security Program and other applicable US Government National Security Polices e.g. DoD Manuals in addition to Company policies and procedures. FSO experience must include but not limited to classified program administration Personnel Security COMSEC Physical and Classified IT administration. Exercises considerable judgment to develop solutions while providing leadership and guidance to employees supervisors managers and contractors on appropriate action(s) to be taken to ensure compliance with the classified security program. May represent the company as the prime contact on external project(s).DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze investigate and resolve classified security issues while providing leadership and guidance to employees supervisors managers and contractors on actions(s) to be taken to ensure compliance with the classified security program.
- Administer and coordinate all aspects of security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal security regulations directives and manuals for safeguarding National Security Information.
- Establish and maintain liaison with government agencies external customers contractors employees and managers. Coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
- Plan develop and manage specialized security programs and procedures for both classified and proprietary materials documents and equipment (OPSEC).
- Develop review and implement DOD classified procedures.
- Oversee primary custodian for incoming and outgoing DOD documents.
- Lead Group/Division DOD programs and/or geographic locations.
- Develop implement and manage Standard Operating Procedures and Automated Information Systems security plans.
- Prepare review and submit personnel security clearance requests.
- Investigate and review all security violations preparing reports and recommending specific preventive and corrective action to be taken.
- Implement visitor control procedures ensuring compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Maintain receipt and dispatch document control personnel and combination records.
- Act as security spokesperson to brief/debrief personnel. May represent the company as a primary Contact on external project(s).
- Provide leadership direction and training to less experienced staff.
- Respond to day-to-day security needs of the program staff.
- Act as alternate Facility Security Officer and alternate COMSEC Custodian.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and ten or more years of professional classified security experience in a corporate or government environment. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have experience with DOD processes and procedures or an equivalent regulatory environment and/or military training. Must have an extensive understanding of the NISP NISPOM NISPOM SUP JAFAN ICD and a thorough knowledge of established policies procedures and practices for safeguarding National Security Information. Must possess the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope. Excellent communication analytical computer and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to effectively interface influence and counsel employees managers and external contacts; analyze and interpret data; initiate and plan projects; produce appropriate clear concise and detailed documentation; and present results to a variety of audiences. Must be able to work independently and on a team. Able to work extended hours and travel as required. Completion of Industrial Security Management and COMSEC courses as well as access control (Lenel) database experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 25% - 50%
FSO Industrial Security Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this FSO Industrial Security Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.