Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity our Systems Engineering Department. This position directly supports the Systems Engineering IPT and Site Support Manager of EMS products.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Support IPTs as a system engineer representative
- Requirement development interface to scoping manage databases
- Facilitates requirements development plan work to meet downstream needs
- Expert knowledge of system and derived requirements including verification
- Focus on obtaining customer and stakeholder approval and buy-in that system and derived requirements are met.
- Drive rapid resolution of delays that impact verification. Real-time thorough communication with management and leadership is required.
- Synchronize verification cross-reference matrix with requirement revisions design changes master schedule dates schedule delays and changes to planned tests and analyses.
- Identify existing data sources that efficiently satisfy requirements verified by inspection.
- Collaborate daily with GA and customer systems engineering design logistics and other teams on verifications related to inspection test and analysis.
- Assess proposed design and requirement changes to determine impacts to verification including verification schedule and assist change authors to include verification in change requests.
- Implement approved verification changes.
- Support development of new/revised design requirements.
- Support earned value management statusing; responsible for schedule/cost performance on assigned areas.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Performs other duties as required
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree Masters degree or PhD in Engineering or related technical field and progressively complex engineering experience as follows; six or more yearA¢a,¬a¢s experience with a Bachelors degree four or more yearA¢a,¬a¢s experience with a Masters degree and two or more with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License and original work published in professional engineering journals are desirable .
- Familiar with Earned Value Management work package management or similar schedule/cost framework.
- Highly desirable: experience using Vitec CORE requirements management tool. Experience using DOORS is helpful.
- Highly desirable: Model Based System Engineering using SysML. Experience with MagicDraw is desirable.
- Prior experience on Advanced Launch Recovery Equipment is desirable
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Systems Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Systems Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.