Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Technical Writer Editor
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer / Editor position in our Product Support Engineering group in Rancho Bernardo CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for researching documenting and developing detailed operator maintenance and troubleshooting procedures checklists technical specifications alert bulletins training materials and other procedures and reports.
- Ensures final product clearly and effectively communicate the technical information and data to appropriate audiences; ensures documents are developed in accordance with the requested specifications; and collects and accumulates appropriate technical information through researching and analyzing technical data publications test plans design specifications software description documents engineering documents and by interviewing technical experts.
- Researches documents and develops detailed operator maintenance and troubleshooting procedures checklists technical specifications alert bulletins training materials and other procedures and reports.
- Collects and accumulates appropriate technical information through researching and analyzing technical data and publications engineering drawings test procedures design specifications/documentation software description documents engineering documents and by interviewing technical experts.
- Ensures documents are developed in accordance with the requested specifications and contractual requirements including development of any necessary illustrations photographs or other graphic representations.
- Ensures final product clearly and effectively communicate the technical information and data.
- Coordinates technical document reviews and approval signatures which may include appropriate security classification prior to document distribution.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of an associates degree in a related discipline and one or more years experience in a technical field. May substitute equivalent professional experience in lieu of education/training.
- Must demonstrate a basic technical understanding of military or commercial systems and technical writing/editing practices and standards as well as have knowledge of the documentation of technical manuals and documentation. Must have knowledge of computer-based tools in the production of technical documentation.
- Must possess the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Good organization skills.
- The ability to identify issues and recognize deviations from accepted practices and processes.
- Basic analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Technical Writer Editor job at General Atomics
Apply for this Technical Writer Editor position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.