Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute engineering tasks of moderate scope and complexity.
- Develop flight control and navigation algorithms including linear analysis and non-linear analysis.
- Develop mathematical modeling and six-DOF simulation of flight vehicle dynamics.
- Perform navigation and control system analysis and optimization perform simulation validation.
- Execute flight data analysis develop documentation of all facets of work performed develop flight test plans and provide flight test support.
- Troubleshoot navigation and flight control anomalies via flight data analysis correlation with flight software operation and generating corrective actions.
- Knowledge of flight control and navigation sensor systems will perform analysis in connection with these systems.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree.
- Degree in aerospace/aeronautical electrical mechanical or related engineering field is highly desirable.
- Completed coursework in control systems design and analysis aircraft flight dynamics and aircraft flight controls is highly desirable.
- Position requires strong analytical skills and ability to work with different design and test groups.
- Occasional travel to the company flight test facilities is required.
- Experience with MATLAB is essential and working knowledge of C programming language is highly desirable.
- Must have an understanding of engineering concepts principles and theory and experience demonstrating the application of those concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
GNC Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this GNC Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.