Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Intelligent Analytics and Automation Software Developer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Software Developer to join our Intelligent Automation and Analytics (IA&A) team in our Rancho Bernardo CA location. IA&A team creates Terminal Automation Products using .NET framework SQL Server Python and other technologies. We are looking for a developer who will be a member of a small agile group with a strong Window Based programming skills and knowledge of modern practices and open source libraries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
- Communicates with domain experts external customers end users and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
- This position will include Windows application development throughout the software life cycle.
- Essential functions include:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development applications include system level and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language platform and resource requirements.
- Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment. Responsible for documentation testing maintenance and software updates.
- Deploy applications across the enterprise including cross-platform compliance and ensuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group with users and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Expected to work safely by established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or Ph.D. in computer science information systems or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level and to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- IP Protocols
- Hardware Communication
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Intelligent Analytics and Automation Software Developer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Intelligent Analytics and Automation Software Developer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.