Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Department Assistant to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in Tupelo MS. T his position performs a variety of activities in support of functional areas such as finance purchasing or human resources or for one or more project/business/technical units. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains processes reviews and compiles a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and hard copy reports records statistics timelines tables correspondence and presentations which requires tact and discretion in handling.
- Provides data and information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Primary contacts are within the department with occasional contact with management and representatives of outside organizations.
- Detailed instructions are provided for new activities or special assignments.
- Coordinates the activities of one or more functional areas or one or more project/business/technical units.
- Gathers collects records tracks verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Coordinates tracks and may report on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains and updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports and presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of assigned functional area principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities.
- The ability to identify issues and solve routine problems.
- Good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report.
- Full knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Department Assistant job at General Atomics
Apply for this Department Assistant position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.