Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Video Software Developer Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Software Developer using video protocols in our Engineering group in Poway CA.
Under general supervision with limited review this position independently determines approaches/solutions for the design development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user system level and data management software applications. Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects. Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; responsible for documentation testing maintenance and software updates. Communicates with domain experts outside customers users and management throughout the software development lifecycle.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user system level and data management applications
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions on specific programs or projects. In addition to program design this includes determining language platform and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding testing and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group with users and with management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in computer science information systems or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Computer Engineering degree preferred.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Ability to organize schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level and to provide solutions to a range of complex problems. Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- An understanding of video protocols including NTSC H.264 and MPEG2 transport streams is required.
- Programming in C and C++ languages is required.
- Linux and Linux kernel programming is required.
- Ethernet networking including TCP/IP UDP/IP and Multicast protocols is required.
- Programming using the ffmpeg APIs is desired.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Cent-OS is desired.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Video Software Developer Software Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Video Software Developer Software Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.