Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply. This position will be located at our Adelanto facility interview and training to take place in Poway.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for calibration of mechanical inspection measuring and test equipment (IM&TE) at GA-ASI facilities.
- Perform routine and complex work related to the calibration and repair of IM&TE and standards.
- Calibrate a wide range of dimensional mechanical electro-mechanical and electronics calibration IM&TE including: thread plug gages torque wrenches crimpers pressure gauges scales durometers lasers oscilloscopes power supplies multimeters etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair general purpose IM&TE. Research metrology specifications and develop calibration procedures.
- Analyze and interpret calibration results and prepare records into Fluke MetTeam software.
- Ability to provide recommendations for improving calibration processes.
- Able to support internal/external regulatory audits of calibration program when required.
- Interface with calibration equipment manufacturers suppliers repair vendors engineering manufacturing and quality personnel.
- Typically requires an Associates Arts degree in Electronics or a related degree and three or more years of progressively more complex experience in testing calibrating adjusting and maintaining electro-mechanical mechanical optical pneumatic hydro-mechanical and pressure-type measuring and indicating instruments. Additional working experience in the calibrating field may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of the general and detailed aspects of testing calibrating adjusting and maintaining electro-mechanical mechanical optical pneumatic hydro-mechanical and pressure-type measuring and indicating instruments.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task level; and provide solutions to a range of difficult problems.
- Must have good communication documentation interpersonal skills and computer skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; and able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Calibration Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Calibration Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.