Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Program Project Scheduler
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
GAA¢a,¬a¢s Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group focuses on the military and commercial applications of advanced electromagnetic technologies including power generation and distribution magnetic levitation and systems design and engineering. The EMS Group supports government customers which include the Department of Defense Department of Energy and the Department of Transportation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner/Scheduler in our Master Planning Group located in San Diego CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide planning administration including scheduling budgeting performance monitoring analysis reporting expediting personnel planning purchasing and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Identifies task/program planning needs; develops procedures and systems to accommodate task accomplishment; develops proposal costs and establishes/recommends budgets for projects.
- Provides task leaders and project management with clear timely and accurate information with which to make informed decisions.
- Provides assistance to project and resource managers in identifying effects of task/project changes and provides recommended alternatives and solutions.
- Perform and schedules risk assessments.
- Builds reviews and executes critical path analyses.
- Coordinates such activities as site facility maintenance and modification individual task detailed schedules integration of tasks into master schedule workaround schedules machine shop scheduling resource allocation funding tracking hardware expediting subcontract performance monitoring project status/communication meetings and coordination with outside fabricators and processors.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing Contracts Finance QA) to collect data for preparation of schedules and reports as well as providing status reports to internal and external contacts.
- Directs or coordinates the activities of other employees in the planning area. May participate in hiring training and promoting employees.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration Management or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional experience in program planning monitoring and scheduling. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have extensive experience utilizing scheduling tools such as MS Project Primavera or Open Plan
- Must have a thorough understanding of planning principles theories techniques and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques; knowledge of government funds procedures and regulations.
- Experience utilizing MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Must possess experience in Earned Value Management and Critical Path Analysis.
- Must maintain a well balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements and possess:
- The ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize schedule budget and coordinate work phases.
- Ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of complex technical problems.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives and to accurately document report and present.
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Program Project Scheduler job at General Atomics
Apply for this Program Project Scheduler position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.