Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Applications Support Specialist at its Poway CA location.
The Manufacturing Applications Support Technician will report to Manufacturing Center of Continuous Improvement and support the manufacturing floor for various needs of managing access to various applications interaction with customers via telephone and/or emails processing data troubleshooting various IT issues help maintain printers review SOPs and implement tactical support of changes.
- Show competency in learning new software and functionality for out of the box functionality in MES software.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network software printing problems.
- Experience at configuring and printing using ZPL language on Zebra printers is a plus.
- Able to perform repetitious detail assignments and data processing
- Excellent customer service good communication skills ability to work with multiple departments in high pressure urgent need scenarios
- Be able to resolve issues quickly and precisely to completion and prioritize multiple tasks
- Have a good understanding of Windows OS
- 2 yearsA¢a,¬a¢ experience supporting Windows 7 and Windows XP desktop/laptop PCs or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- IT and/or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Proven experience with Microsoft Excel Word Powerpoint and Outlook
- Available for on call support and act as incident manager for swing and graveyard shifts when on call or working shift on site
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Fun
- Typically requires an Associates degree in a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of functional area principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) good organization skills and the ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues and solve routine problems; (5) good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report; (6) full knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Systems Specialist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Systems Specialist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.