Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Opto Mechancial Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Rancho Bernardo CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the design development and activation of opto-mechanical components lasers and optical subsystems for internal research and development as well as externally funded programs.
- Provides technical support with a team of engineers designers and technicians.
- Assignments are normally outlined in terms of broad specifications objectives possible results anticipated and critical reference points requiring special attention.
- Guide the successful resolution of engineering problems serve as a consulting resource of engineering knowledge apply the latest technological advancements to the problem and may function in a project leadership role.
- Documents findings communicates results to engineering staff makes technical presentations and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small identifiable projects.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops innovative but practical solutions to advanced technical problems in engineering.
- Provides focal point for technical communication within the Company management and may represent the Company as the prime technical contact to customers and/or government regulatory agencies; presents report(s) at engineering meetings.
- Participates in program reviews and consults on problems.
- Provides expert guidance and consulting to other staff members working on difficult engineering problems; anticipates future engineering needs and the modifications required to accomplish a technical goal.
- Addresses complex and difficult technical issues requiring novel and highly creative approaches drawing on advanced engineering concepts.
- May assume technical and engineering responsibility of the success of an identifiable project.
- Directs activities of design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree ten or more years of experience with a masters degree or seven or more years with a PhD.
- Must have experience with Opto-Mechanical engineering.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License and original work published in professional engineering journals are desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Sr Opto Mechancial Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Opto Mechancial Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.