Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Sr Staff Electrical and Data Link Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Staff Electrical and Data Link Systems Engineer specializing in Electrical Communications and Data Link Systems within our Advanced Programs Systems Engineering group in Poway CA.
Under general supervision with limited review this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Documents findings communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter- organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development of concepts requirements and overall technical solutions for avionics and communications systems programs.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on complex engineering issues.
- Lead integration efforts to bring systems to flight ready status.
- Manage engineering design and test activities.
- Mentor junior level staff.
- Prepare and present report(s) at engineering meetings and participate in program reviews.
- Primary technical contact or focal point for technical communication within Company and externally with customers or vendors.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or ten or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts principles codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles concepts theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize schedule and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication computer documentation presentation and interpersonal skills ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Experience with Navy communications data links and identification systems (IFF/TCAS) desired.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Sr Staff Electrical and Data Link Systems Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Sr Staff Electrical and Data Link Systems Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.