Manager Of The Spacecraft Payload Integration Evolution Office Featured
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Job ID
Manager Of The Spacecraft Payload Integration Evolution Office job at George C Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Manager of the Spacecraft Payload Integration and Evolution (SPIE) Office has authority for all activities associated with programmatic fiscal and technical planning procurement design development testing evaluation production and operation of Space Launch System (SLS) SPIE-related hardware and software including support equipment and facilities. The most powerful rocket ever built the SLS is NASAs cornerstone launch vehicle which will usher in a new era of space exploration.
Learn more about this agency
This position reports to the Manager of the SLS Program Office. The Manager of the Spacecraft Payload Integration and Evolution Office:
- Develops technical designs and formulates cost estimates budgets and schedules consistent with program objectives.
- Establishes and maintains effective collaboration and coordination of Center capabilities workforce facilities and other resources to meet stated goals and objectives.
- Participates in the planning and approval of applicable development and production facilities tooling and materials required for Center and contractor operations.
- Provides programmatic and technical control to ensure progress of design and development activities of the SLS SPIE hardware and associated software in accordance with program plans and schedules convening and managing change control boards as needed and conducting successful major milestone and key decision point reviews.
- Derives contractual scopes of work from procurement plans approves requests for quotations and contractual instruments evaluates contract proposals authorizes and participates in contract negotiations and manages contract administration activities.
- Provides appropriate guidance to staff and support organizations performing in-house design work and effectively managing contracted development activities according to prescribed scopes of work.
- Maintains integration among SPIE the SLS Program and other Exploration Systems Development programs to ensure current technical configuration control and cognizance of launch vehicle design evolution activities for impacts to the SPIE hardware and associated software.
- As a recognized expert in the field of aerospace flight systems serves as technical advisor and consultant to the SLS Program Office Manager Center Director other Agency officials and senior managers across a wide spectrum of industrial and governmental institutions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
0801 General Engineering
Conditions of Employment
- The individual selected will be required to file an Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- Initial Senior Executive Service (SES) Career appointee is subject to a one-year probationary period.
- Successful completion of a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug testing may be required.
You must have the skill and ability to perform the duties described above as demonstrated by progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience normally obtained over several years by serving in positions at the GS-15 level or equivalent.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position you MUST address each Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) and Mandatory Technical Qualification (MTQ) separately. If you fail to do so your application will be rated ineligible. We recommend you provide two (2) examples of relevant experience for each ECQ. Responses to ALL ECQs must not exceed ten (10) pages; MTQ responses must not exceed one (1) page per MTQ. Please include your full name on all documents submitted.
If you are currently serving under a career SES appointment are eligible for reinstatement into the SES or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program and been certified by Office of Personnel Management (OPM) you MUST address the MTQs but do not need to address the ECQs.
When preparing your responses to the ECQs and MTQs you are encouraged to follow the Challenge Context Action and Result model outlined in the OPMs Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualification and NASAs Guide to Effectively Preparing Executive Core Qualifications. For a sample template on how to format your ECQ narrative visit NASAs Executive Leadership Opportunities.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
ECQ 1 - Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change both within and outside the organization to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organizations vision mission and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others facilitates cooperation and teamwork and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge analyzing problems and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - Business Acumen: The ability to manage human financial and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies State and local governments nonprofit and private sector organizations foreign governments or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
MTQ 1 - Demonstrated experience in technical management design and development of complex and advanced space flight systems.
MTQ 2 - Demonstrated experience in managing the diverse technical activities of a multi-disciplined organization. This includes leading and overseeing the hardware software support equipment and production facilities for a highly sophisticated program organization.
This position has a positive education requirement. To be eligible you must clearly state in your resume the following: degree major and/or minor date degree awarded and college/university.
A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major study in engineering physical science mathematics life sciences computer science or other field of science is required.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs. These education credentials must be deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All qualifications requirements must be met by 01/06/2021. You will be evaluated based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the basic qualification requirements your application will be evaluated based on your narrative statements addressing the ECQs and MTQs. Your application will then be referred to and evaluated by an Executive Resources Panel (ERP) and will be placed in one of the following categories: Not Qualified Qualified or Highly-qualified. Candidates may receive an interview and/or a reference check. The ERP will make a recommendation to the appropriate approving authority.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
You must provide a complete application package. If you do not provide all required information you will not be considered for this position.
1. Resume showing relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year description of duties) applicable education at a minimum and your contact information. For current or previous Federal employees it should also include the Pay Plan Series and Grade for each work experience entry. Your resumes must not exceed ten (10) pages or 32000 characters.
2. Executive Core Qualifications narrative responses if applicable.
3. Mandatory Technical Qualifications narrative responses.
You may be asked to provide additional documentation to support your eligibility and the information provided in your application package. For example we may request transcripts SF-50s SES Candidate Development Program certificate etc. Therefore we encourage you to have these documents prepared and ready when requested by the agency. If you fail to provide the required documents within the stated time period we may withdraw a job offer and/or remove you from further consideration.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
George C Marshall Space Flight Center Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.