Airport Dispatcher Featured
- Peach Springs, Arizona
- Job ID
Airport Dispatcher job at Grand Canyon Resort in Peach Springs AZ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position: Airport Dispatcher
Salary Range: H5
Supervisor: Lead Airport Dispatcher
Disclaimer: Job description does not encompass all aspects of the position; other duties may be assigned.
Primary responsibility is to coordinate all emergency requests to appropriate units; secondary responsibilities are to analyze data on aircraft operators as well as act as a liaison between the airport and aviators. Coordinates all police fire ambulance and other emergency requests relaying instructions to the appropriate response unit. Receives calls from the public or staff related to criminal activity fire or medical emergencies and broadcasts orders to security police and fire/emergency services units. Interprets and prioritizes in an accurate manner incoming and outgoing information by radio phone verbal communication or written record. Transmits and receives messages from security police fire department other law enforcement entities emergency medical services and Tribal agencies. Records calls broadcasts and complaints received. Analyze data provided by operator manifests and other sources to identify trends in aviation patterns. Use data to keep track of operation and passenger counts for presentation to the FAA. Communicates with incoming air traffic and handles communications with aircraft parking and ground taxi activity. Participate in training regularly; both required and optional certifications provided by the company require a signed training agreement.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to give clear concise directions be easily understood and record and generate reports accurately.
- Ability to function calmly and stay focused in crisis or emergency situations.
- Ability to monitor and handle multiple conversations and interpret and prioritize incoming and outgoing information.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations adding subtracting dividing and multiplying whole numbers fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read maps and give location directions.
- Knowledge of two-way radio communications. Working knowledge of emergency response systems such as 911 police scanners and CTAF radio.
- Ability to complete training in aircraft rescue and firefighting.
- Ability to work in a team environment multi-task efficiently and maintain positive working relationships.
- Knowledge of Grand Canyon West locations and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities: :
- Coordinate all police fire ambulance and other emergency requests relaying instructions and directions to the appropriate response unit.
- Receive calls from the public or staff related to criminal activity fire or medical emergencies and broadcast orders to security police and fire/emergency services units.
- Interpret and prioritize incoming and outgoing information by radio phone verbal or in writing in an accurate manner.
- Communicate with incoming aircraft and handle on the ground communications for aircraft taxi and parking instructions.
- Transmit and receive messages from security police fire department other law enforcement entities emergency medical services and Tribal agencies. Record calls broadcast and complaints received. Enter warrant information into computer.
- Train in aircraft rescue and firefighting procedures.
- Relay instructions or questions and maintain contact with remote units.
- Prioritize incoming and outgoing information accurately and handle multiple conversations.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Basic Excel and other Microsoft Office skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Pass all required educational courses on a timely basis as required.
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record.
- Clean criminal record required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office skills highly preferred.
- Basic accounting skills highly preferred.
- Prior dispatch experience.
- Prior airport experience.
- Willingness to participate in additional cross-training either on own time or training provided by company (EMT Rope Rescue etc.).
- Preference given to Hualapai Tribal members.
Environment which requires sitting for long periods of time. Required to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to communicate using various means and may have to visually access situations. Must be able to work varying schedules weekends and holidays. Willingness to work in remote location.
Grand Canyon Resort Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.