Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Linux Unix Server Administrator Dallas TX
[[extPosition Title:]] in [[location]]
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field. At least one of the following industry certifications preferred.: RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, VMware VCP versions 5 or 6 preferred. Five (5) years’ experience providing Linux/ Unix administration support and server configuration support required.
Linux/ Unix administrator will be responsible for designing, implementing, and patching of the Linux/ Unix server infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to help develop automation strategies and deployment documented processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform installs, tests, and maintains Linux/ Unix Server environment and supported software systems 2. Collects and assesses information from the user community in software and hardware problem resolution 3. Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service 4. Reduce errors working with the Linux/ Unix administrators through process improvement and root cause analysis 5. Keeps up to date with current trends and be prepared to help make recommendations 6. Produces support documentation on demand and periodically with the Manager of Infrastructure Services and others.
7. Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure 8. Assist with designing and developing infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools 9. Assist developing and maintaining configuration management solutions 10. Assist developing test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the Linux/ Unix team 11. Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure 12. Drive to meet or exceed organizational goals for quality, cost per contact, customer satisfaction, first contact resolution and service availability 13. Participate in engagements that have a strong business & technology focus 14. Demonstrate strong customer service skills to provide onsite technical support focusing on strong listening skills to gain an accurate understanding of the situation, displaying a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues 15. Ensure root cause analysis is performed in accordance with Gulfstream policies and standards 16. Produce accurate documentation at the client and incident level 17. Constantly drive for process improvement 18. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Experience with Linux/ Unix servers in virtualized environments.
2. Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
3. Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc. 4. Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef.
5. Familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc. 6. Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc. 7. Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware.
8. Ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]]
Employment Type: [[filter2]]
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2014 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the worlds most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Linux Unix Server Administrator job at Gulfstream Aerospace
Apply for this Linux Unix Server Administrator Dallas TX position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.