Avionics Manager Featured
- Ashland, Virginia
- Annual Salary $70,000.00
- Job ID
Avionics Manager job at HOVA Flight Services in Ashland VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position is responsible for the planning, direction, coordination, and supervision of activities within the Avionics Department under the Director of Maintenance to include avionics maintenance, installations, troubleshooting on a fleet of Tecnam aircraft, Cessna aircraft and customer aircraft.
The duties and responsibilities consist of and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that all work is accomplished within the authority of the repair station and FAA regulations.
- Training and oversight of avionics employees to ensure proper work procedures and practices are followed.
- Ascertain that all necessary maintenance logbook entries, forms, or work orders used by the repair station/avionics shop are properly executed by the technicians.
- Regular customer contact via phone, email, and in person to discuss installation/repair options, quote work to be performed, and post maintenance delivery of aircraft.
- Supervise and perform installation, certification, and/or troubleshooting of new or existing avionics systems, instrument and static system components, and electrical systems of fleet and retail aircraft.
- Installation, repair and/or replacement of aircraft wiring and associated connectors.
- Must have the ability to read and understand all wiring and mechanical diagrams related to avionics projects.
- Education Require Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Two-year degree or certificate from an accredited two-year college, university, or technical school in avionics maintenance or a related field, equivalent military training, or 4 years of related experience in the field of avionics maintenance.
Required Certificates, Documents and Licenses:
- FCC General Radiotelephone License or A & P License preferred
- Must be able to obtain FAA Repairman Certificate, A&P preferred
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Basic MS Office knowledge, computer software & internet proficiency
- Experience with Garmin installations
- Excellent customer relation skills
Preferred Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in overseeing and supervising employees.
- Panel Planner
Work Environment & Culture Skills:
- Candidate should be motivated, resourceful, energetic, organized, and able to manage and be managed.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task, respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Candidate must be ethical and trustworthy with sensitive information.
- Candidate must be service oriented, able to work at a fast pace, and handle stress and problematic issues well with a good attitude.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team-focused environment.
- Candidate must be respectful of diverse populations and cultures.
- Have an outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employees are regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Must be able to climb and use a ladder, work stands, platforms and lift equipment.
- Work within a confined workspace(s)
- Operation based in Ashland, VA at Hanover County Municipal Airport
- There is no ability to work from home.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.Salary is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
HOVA Flight Services Company Overview
Heart Of Virginia Aviation Inc (HOVA) has been a family-owned, full-service, Fixed Based Operator since 1992 with locations in Virginia and Florida. Our principal business has been based at the Hanover County Airport since June 2004. We have FAA approvals for Part 135, Part 141, and Part 145 (limited Repair Station – Avionics); we are the flight training affiliate for Liberty University’s online aviation degree in the Richmond area; we are fully VA-approved for eight courses and we are dealers for most of the major avionics manufacturers including Garmin. We are one of the busiest schools offering multi- engine add-ons in the country attracting customers from everywhere in the US, including places like Alaska, California, Hawaii, Florida, Texas, etc. We specialize in a full range of accelerated courses from Sport Pilot through ATP completion and frequently pick up customers who have been at multiple other flight schools without completion. Our avionics business has been expanding at a rapid rate and we are in the process of adding an additional 15,000 square foot hangar on the east side of the field to expand our offerings to corporate customers. With a brand new terminal planned for completion in the next two years this will open up additional space for the flight school and maintenance. We recently completed a paint shop development at our Winter Haven, Florida location. We try and put ourselves in the shoes of our customers to get the job completed safely, on time, and on budget. Our employees are our strength and come from a wide variety of backgrounds with many of them having served their country with dedication and pride. While growth is important, we never want to lose the personal relationship that, as a small business, we have been able to develop over multiple decades.