Avionics Service Technician Featured
- Smyrna, Tennessee
- Job ID
Avionics Service Technician job at HQ Aero Management in Smyrna TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
AVIONICS SERVICE TECHNICIAN
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced AVIONICS SERVICE TECHNICIANS in SMYRNA TN
- The Avionics Service Technician under minimal supervision tests troubleshoots and repairs avionics equipment and electrical components. This includes troubleshooting of installations and systems and complete functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role the Avionics Service Technician performs basic task such as using hand tools soldering wiring repair and use of test equipment.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion shop is required.
- FAA Mechanic / Repairmans Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings and/or FAA Licensed Pilot preferably with an Instrument Rating is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of successful avionics installation repair or maintenance experience preferably as a lead supervisor or manager - with deep knowledge of Garmin Rockwell Collins Client Avidyne Aspen Avionics Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands is preferred.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Basic tools for heavy maintenance environment (Roll a Way toolbox)
- Criminal Background Check and Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening checks are mandatory.
- Contract to Hire (after 180 days) or Direct Hire positions
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams aircraft blueprints and schematics.
- Wire install test and verify operation of avionics equipment and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools test equipment technical documents and technical reference materials; all the while communicating with co-workers and in some cases with manufacturers in a timely effective way.
- Modify existing instrument panels or fabricate new panels; fabricate equipment shelves as required; and fabricate and install other hardware to support and enable aviation electronics systems.
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with procedures described in the companys FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution all in order to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics integrity safety and honesty.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
HQ Aero Management Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.