Control Tower Operator Featured
- Kekaha, Hawaii
- Job ID
Control Tower Operator job at Harris in Kekaha HI
Description, duties, responsibilities
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values dedication to our communities and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air land sea space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue 50000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Control Tower Operator
Job ID: AS20200###-####0
Job Location: Kekaha HI
L3Harris Technologies is looking for a .
Independently controls and manages air and ground traffic in controlled space to promote the safe orderly and expeditious movement of aircraft.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Provides flight planning clearance assistance local weather conditions and enroute traffic information to local and transient aircraft.
- Provides ATC briefings to air crews and facility visitors including deploying units as required.
- Attends airfield meetings and briefings as required.
- Maintains all publications necessary to ascertain that military and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) published criteria are met.
- Controls air and ground activity within the airfield area during operationally active periods.
- Familiar with Special Use Airspace.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports IAW with contract requirements.
- Supports all operational requirements as scheduled in the Range Scheduling System.
- Operates and monitors control tower systems and equipment during Range Operations to assure that Range Control Officer is made aware of air traffic within and about operational areas.
- Assists in preparing and developing new procedures and procedural changes.
- Participates in large area Foreign Object Debris (FOD) walk downs as required.
- Knowledge and experience in operating the Enhanced Terminal voice Switch (ETVS) and the Visual Information Display System (VIDS).
- Participates in the required Annual CNIC N32 Shore Installation Airfield Operations Evaluation Report Annual Naval Safety Center Airfield Survey Reports and Annual CNAF ATC NATOPS Evaluation Reports.
- Assists with the correction of discrepancy findings in the Formal Navy Inspections and forward updates on corrections for Plan Of Actions Milestones (POAM) monthly submittals.
- Reports any discrepancies/outages of the airfield facilities/equipment to Air Operations Department (Airfield Manager Ground Electronics Maintenance Officer Air Operations Officer and Range Operations Supervisor) within 15 minutes of report.
- Performs other duties as required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Restricted operating compartment.
- Must able to lift carry1-10 lbs. Positions include sitting work requiring repeated or frequent stair climbing. Environmental: Customer Contact Extended Workday and Confined Work Area.
- High School or Equivalent
- Must have formal military or civilian training as an Air Traffic Controller.
- Must hold a valid FAA Control Tower Operators License and a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate renewed yearly (certified in accordance with FAR part 65).
- Five years of Air Traffic Controlexperience with a minimum of two years experience being in the specificfield of assignment.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
By submitting your resume for this position you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your resume as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race color religion age national origin ancestry ethnicity gender gender identity gender expression sexual orientation marital status veteran status disability genetic information citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal state or local law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race color religion age national origin ancestry ethnicity gender (including pregnancy childbirth breastfeeding or other related medical conditions) gender identity gender expression sexual orientation marital status veteran status disability genetic information citizenship status characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks where permitted by law.
Harris Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.