Director Of Safety Hot
- Ft Worth, Texas
- Job ID
Director Of Safety job at Hillwood Development Company in Ft Worth TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
HILLWOOD Airways a Perot Company is a Part 121 Supplemental Air Carrier offering a superior travel option for both passengers and cargo to high-end corporate clients sports teams governments entertainment and other special interest groups. As a provider of on-demand air charter services our flights are both domestic and international and include occasional weeks-long temporary duty based in Europe. HILLWOOD Airways Part 121 certification was a strategic growth initiative by Hillwood designed to enhance the multi-modal global transportation capabilities of its 18000-acre Alliance Texas Development in Fort Worth Texas. Hillwood was founded in 1988 by Ross Perot Jr. with the vision of becoming an industry leader in the development of industrial projects and master-planned communities. Today it is ranked as one of the top real estate investment firms in the world and has a strong track record of successfully developing and acquiring real estate assets throughout North America and Europe. Hillwood is also consistently ranked as a top-twelve preferred employer in the DFW area.
The Hillwood Airways Director of Safety reports directly to the Accountable Executive and fills the role of the Director of Safety and Security. The successful candidate will lead and direct a small staff of safety Professionals; the Hillwood Airways Safety Department. The Director of Safety must meet the requirements of 14 CFR 119.65 and be approved by the FAA Certificate Management Office. Responsible for the 14 CFR Part 5 Safety Management System (SMS) 49 CFR Part 1544 Standard Security Programs (SSP) Drug and Alcohol Program and Internal Evaluation Program (IEP). Must have a strong SMS background and hold one of the following:
- Licensed Dispatcher
- Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Airframe and Power Plant Certificate
- Must be able to pass a TSA Criminal History Background Check to include finger printing in order to serve as a Private Charter Standard Security Program screener. This is a Safety Sensitive Position that requires random drug and alcohol testing.
- Interface directly with assigned FAA Principal Inspectors
- 14 CFR Part 5 Safety Management System
- TSA 49 CFR Part 1544 Standard Security Programs
- Private Charter Standard Security Program (PCSSP)
- Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (AOSSP)
- DCA Access Standard Security Program (DASSP) and DASSP FBO
- Full All-Cargo Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (FACAOSSP)
- Internal Evaluation Program
- DOT/FAA Drug and Alcohol Program
- Act as a 49 CFR Part 1544 Ground Security Coordinator or screener
- Prepare confidential correspondence
- Identify and resolve safety and regulatory compliance issues with customers regulatory inspectors and auditors.
- Monitor the internal audit and surveillance of required programs mandated by all regulatory agencies. Ensure provisions are implemented to correct any discrepancies reported.
- Monitor safety standards compliance industry trends and applicable regulations (Federal State and local) and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- The Director of Safety should have established professional qualifications. Such experience may include any combination of the following providing the total experience is greater than or equal to 3 years:
- Experience in a supervisory position with a Part 121 or scheduled Part 135 certificate holder.
- Experience in an equivalent position in U.S. military aviation operations.
- Experience in a supervisory position with a government department board or agency that deals directly with aviation matters.
- Demonstrated high level of professional integrity ethics and leadership
- Must be fluent in all company safety data collection software airline compliance software and company airline records and training software
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate meetings events and functions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and use own initiative
- Ability to employ analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to exercise initiative within the parameters of the position
- Highly developed skills in follow-up and follow-through
- Flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. College degree (specialization in aviation auditing and/or safety) preferred
- Formal Aviation Safety Certification or equivalent experience required
- Part 121 experience required
Equipment and Software Used:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Baldwin Aviation
- Collins Aerospace FOS
- Comply 365
Hillwood is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race color religion gender age national origin military status veteran status handicap physical or mental disability sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hillwood Development Company Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.