Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Advanced Equipment Development Manager
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Prime Responsibilities and Major Factors in Evaluating Performance:
- Explore, conceptualize, design, prototype, fabricate, evaluate, validate, improve, install, startup, and support new mechanical, electro-mechanical, control systems, and other innovative technologies, equipment, machines, and methodologies that have the potential to significantly improve safety, manufacturing efficiencies, quality, integration and throughput for Hitchiner and licensees.
- Review existing automation and lead the efforts to develop a corporate strategy and identify opportunities to improve safety, manufacturing efficiencies, quality, integration and throughput.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget. Provide detailed status updates, including timelines, as required.
- Identify, communicate, and gain consensus on resources for deployment and sustainment of projects. Provide “technical” leadership from deployment onward to those resources within Hitchiner.
- Train shop floor personnel and maintenance/engineering technicians on the operation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Collaborate well with Manufacturing, Facilities, Process Development, Quality, Research, and Project Management in developing requirements and recommendations for system modifications, upgrades, and improvements.
- Meet regularly with plant leadership to influence growth or new process and equipment technologies and methodologies across Hitchiner.
- Develop and design systems to ensure tracking, documentation and upgrades to all equipment.
- Support the manufacturing operations in identifying preventative and predictive maintenance tasks for installed equipment
- Provide oversight, leadership and support for the US and international facilities, as requested.
- Observe the Hitchiner code of conduct, safety and quality principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, or related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the specification, development, testing, integration, and validation of automated manufacturing equipment
- Working knowledge of system communications, PLCs, ladder logic, and the ability to configure system
- interfaces via industry standards, e.g., OPC, XML, Modbus, etc.
- Working knowledge in the test and use of diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to travel internationally
- Proficiency with Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively present technical information and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Significant experience in industrial type equipment.
- Ability to think beyond standard engineering solutions and move the organization forward with minimal
- supervision is necessary for this position.
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visit us for a current list of available positions and additional application instructions at www.hitchiner.com and please reference Avjobs when applying.
This Job Report is to be considered - Newsworthy Aviation Employment Information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the Job Report Network. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this company's web site for additional details and information.
Advanced Equipment Development Manager job at Hitchiner Manufacturing
Apply for this Advanced Equipment Development Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Over 76,740 Aviation Career Opportunities
Enjoy a sneak peak of the most recent aviation jobs listed in the Avjobs Applicant System. Avjobs has over 76,740
aviation jobs available. 70,900 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Sign in to view jobs in your area.