Quality Inspector Urgent
- Spokane, Washington
- Job ID
Quality Inspector job at International Aerospace Coatings in Spokane WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
About the Company
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the world’s leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with Domestic and International Original Aircraft Equipment Manufacturing Companies, Airlines operators, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarter
s is based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington and Irvine California. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.iac.aero.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Inspector guarantees the highest standards of excellence are maintained in paint production process in the hangar. He/she is instrumental in all phases of the production process. They will examine materials, completed paint projects for specification deviations or defects and monitors the production. The Inspector will uphold all safety policies the company has created, and work has met the quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform receiving, preliminary, in-process, hidden damage and final inspections.
- Verify completion of all work orders and sign airworthiness release.
- Ensure that work is accomplished per established inspection procedures.
- Maintain aircraft maintenance meets FAA, customer, company and/or manufacturers specifications.
- Complete inspection items, compile and complete necessary forms properly.
- Ensure that parts tags are filled out properly and the proper tag is attached to the part(s) as required.
- Maintain a thorough familiarity with the content of the company Repair Station Manual and all subsequent revisions.
- Provide initial and recurrent training to site employees.
- Remain cognizant of applicable CFRs, most notably Part 145, 121, 65 and Part 43
- Review inspection forms and paperwork for proper completion.
- Perform quality assurance audits.
- Perform routine surveillance of in-process work.
- Assist with controlling and auditing work orders.
- Must be able to meet production schedule and quality standards.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to identify problems and work on a systematic approach to solve those problems with employees and management.
- Proven history of understanding industry safety standards and quality expectations.
- Strong understanding of aircraft paint materials and industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of aerospace systems, methodology and terminology a plus.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, to include drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strong organizational skills detailed, and deadline driven.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial and/or aerospace engineering.
- A minimum of six (6) years of inspection experience in an aviation environment or similar industry.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: Must have a current A&P license (verification required). Six Sigma a plus.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel; PowerPoint; word), documents scanning and Adobe or similar software.
International Aerospace Coatings Company Overview
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the worlds leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with International airlines, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, interior refurbishment and graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.aic.aero.