- Spokane, Washington
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at International Aerospace Coatings in Spokane WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
About the Company
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the world’s leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with Domestic and International Original Aircraft Equipment Manufacturing Companies, Airlines operators, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarter
s is based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington and Irvine California. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.iac.aero.
About the Position
The A&P Mechanic makes routine inspections, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance after completion of a paint project. Job duties may vary based on which part of the plane is being worked on. A mechanic working on the exterior of a plane may be fixing a broken wing, repairing paint or securing a door so it seals properly. A mechanic working on the engine may be changing the oil, replacing belts or repairing a broken part. An A&P mechanic must know and follow all regulations set by the FAA. FAA regulations govern the maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs made to airplanes. The FAA conducts regular checks on equipment and ensures regulations are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuing Education of the Federal Aviation Regulations and Manufacturer Manuals
- Document On-the-Job Training (OJT) Tasks which Mechanic/Repairmen has not previously performed
- Installation and Rig Flight Controls and Engine Controls
- Maintain awareness of hourly goals for tasks assigned
- Maintain Required FAA Records, Manuals, Inspection Forms, and other Forms of Technical Data
- Maintenance of Airframe, Engine (turbine/piston), Propeller and Hydraulic Systems
- Maintenance of Flight Line Operations, i.e. Aircraft/Vehicle Movement and Safety/Hazards
- Operates all Power Tools and Equipment Necessary to Accomplish Job Assignment
- Perform Diagnosis of System Malfunctions, Makes Repairs and Services Aircraft and Engine Systems in Accordance with Manufacturer's Technical Specifications, Blueprints, Drawings, Schematics, Engineering Instructions, and Federal Aviation Administration Regulations
- Provide Virtual or Web Based Maintenance Support, Trouble Shooting and Travel to Repairs of Assigned Aircraft
- Perform Tow, Load/Unload, Launch, Recover, Inspect and Service Department Aircraft
- Train, Mentor and Guide Novice Experienced Technicians when Performing Tasks of an In-Depth Nature
- Utilization of Basic Inventory Management Functions
- Experience leading teams on Aircraft Maintenance Projects
- Ability to Obtain a US Passport
- Lift 50 lbs. without assistance, strain or immediate injury
- Pass a DOT Drug and Alcohol Test
- Pass a 10 Year Background Check and Obtain TSA Airport Badge
- Ability to work a variety of shifts based on company and client needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ corporate jet aircraft maintenance experience - an Avionics background is especially desire.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of turbine-powered aircraft.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Current and Valid Certificates: FAA A&P, FAA Inspection & Authorization
- Current and Valid Identification: State Issued DL
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint.
International Aerospace Coatings Company Overview
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the worlds leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with International airlines, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, interior refurbishment and graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.aic.aero.