Physician Pediatrics North Carolina Permanent Aerospace Medicine Physician Featured
- Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- Job ID
Physician Pediatrics North Carolina Permanent Aerospace Medicine Physician job at KURZ Solutions in Elizabeth City NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
MD/DO - Aerospace Medicine Physician
The Harbor of Hospitality with a Breeze to Boast about...
The Community - Elizabeth City NC
Known as the Harbor of Hospitality Elizabeth City is a waterfront community on the eastern seaboard just 45 minutes from Norfolk Virginia. The United States Coast Guard calls the harbor home and the North Carolina Potato Festival is held here annually. Architecture buffs can enjoy six National Register Historic Districts. Our little home perched on the shores of the picturesque Pasquotank River offers Cypress trees rising from our waterways a pirates cannon in Museum of the Albemarle four neighboring state parks ghosts of the underground railroad and a sailing breeze to boast about.
USCG Air Station Elizabeth City
Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City is a United States Coast Guard Air Station co-located at Elizabeth City Regional Airport in Elizabeth City North Carolina along the Pasquotank River near the opening of the Albemarle Sound. It is the largest and busiest Coast Guard air station in the U.S. operating missions as far away as Greenland the Azores and the Caribbean.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Ensure the fitness for unrestricted worldwide duty of active duty personnel;
- Make appropriate referrals to specialists as required of eligible beneficiaries following existing policy and regulations;
- Diagnose and treat the sick and injured in accordance to the acceptable standards of the profession;
- Treat eligible beneficiaries for chronic medical conditions;
- Prevent and control disease;
- Promote health and healthy life styles;
- Give advice on such matters as hygiene sanitation and safety;
- Ensure that personnel are physically and psychologically fit for duty and attempt to learn of any unusual circumstances which might adversely affect proficiency;
- Maintain open and professional communication with members of the clinic and the command;
- Request diagnostic studies such as laboratory and x-rays electrocardiograms (EKGs);
- Notify or assure notification to each patient of the results of PAP smears mammograms biopsies pregnancy tests and all tests whose results indicate a need to initiate or change in treatment. Notifications shall be made within 48 hours of the receipt of the results from the respective laboratory;
- Prescribe appropriate medications in accordance with Chapter 10 of the Coast Guard Medical Manual;
- Report any occurrence of communicable diseases to the Coast Guard Supervising Medical Officer and Cooperate with Federal. State and Local Agencies for preventing disease reporting communicable diseases and collecting vital statistics;
- Be familiar with Chapter 3 of the Coast Guard Medical Manual dealing with Physical Standards for Aviation personnel.
- Perform routine physical examinations in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 3 of the Coast Guard Medical Manual and report all findings on Standard Form 88 Report of Medical Examination and Standard Form 93 Report of Medical History;
- Follow Coast Guard regulations policies and directives when arranging appropriate referrals or consults. The contract provider shall inform the patient of the required referral or consult and the specialty evolved. The provider shall not recommend to the patient that he/she consult a specific practitioner or use a specific practice. The provider shall forward the referral consult and the patient to the appropriate clinic staff to process the request for referral or consult;
- Be familiar with the duties responsibilities and limitations of health service technicians as described in appropriate manuals and instructions which will be made available upon commencement of services during clinic orientation;
- Provide on-the-job medical training in clinical treatment for Health Services School students (at Petaluma only) and clinic personnel as requested by the Chief of Health Services or the Clinic Administrator;
- Evaluate and determine each patients ability to work and record such determination
in the patients health record including an expiration date for the assigned duty status and specific limitations. The following statuses apply:
- Fit for Full Duty (FFFD): Patient is not physically restricted or limited for any job that the Coast Guard might assign to him/her regardless of current job assignment.
- Fit for Limited Duty (FFLD): Patient is physically restricted or limited. Examples are: office work only; no lifting stooping prolonged standing jumping; no sea duty; etc.
- Not Fit for Duty (NFFD): Patient cannot perform any assigned tasks regardless of assignment.
- Inform the Senior Coast Guard Medical Officer of any patient not using or following the prescribed treatment program;
- Report any occurrence of communicable diseases to the Senior Coast Guard Medical Officer;
- Make a health record entry for every patient the provider sees in accordance with Chapter 4 of the Coast Guard Medical Manual.
- Subjective Objective Assessment Plan (S.O.A.P.) format and other criteria. Update as required by the medical officer each patients health record entry a written determination of the patients ability to work including an expiration date for the assigned duty status and specific limitations. There may be special limitations for persons with sea duty or aviation duty status;
- (depending on workload) be required to take blood pressure temperature and all other related duties as required during the screening of patients;
- (depending on workload) be required to obtain laboratory specimens as required;
KURZ Solutions Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.