Network Operations Specialist Hot
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Network Operations Specialist job at L3Harris Technologies in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job: Network Operations Specialist
Job ID: AS20200###-####1
Location: Melbourne FL
- Provide technical support for all the Federal Aviation Administration Telecommunication Infrastructure (FTI) network IP services. Support requires physical layer data link and network layer knowledge.
- Monitor analyze and troubleshoot network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC) utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer s services.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1 T3 utilizing DACs equipment.
- Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet IP Frame Relay ATM WAN LAN SONET and TDM.
- Work with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC) ILECs and IXCs to resolve WAN problems.
- Work with onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
- Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment is preferred: Cisco Sycamore and APC.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the FTI network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility are required.
- Bachelor s Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Networking technologies experience with RF Sonet and Time Division Multiplexing.
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
- CCNA Certification.
- Networking technologies experience such as OSPF BGP MPLS HSRP ATM and Frame Relay is preferred.
- Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc Orion and Netflow is a plus.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
L3Harris Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.