Quality Supervisor Featured
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Quality Supervisor job at LMI FINISHING in Tulsa OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing building and manufacturing aerospace structures systems and components for commercial business and regional and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Quality Supervisor. The Supervisor is responsible for the overall direction coordination planning and evaluation of Quality Assurance/Quality Control MRB Document Control and Source Prep consistent with established LMI standards. He/she is responsible for reporting and coordinating overall productivity policies and procedures safety budgets and goals for these groups. He/she works directly with their direct reports to implement department systems procedures and to forecast resource requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Through familiarity with customer requirements analyze existing quality procedures and systems to determine their level of compliance to requirements.
- Develop revisions to procedures or formulate new procedures including delineation of areas of responsibility and technical instructions.
- Evaluate procedures developed at other facilities for best practice deployment. Formulate quality control objectives for the facility (e.g. Customer escapements defect and scrap reduction quality improvement targets ...etc.) and coordinate the objectives with production management and manufacturing procedures in order to maximize product reliability and minimize costs associated with rework scrap and escapements.
- Provide defect and scrap data to management in such a way that analysis and corrective actions can take place.
- Monitor progress and work in cooperation with other supervisors and managers to develop methods and procedures that affect continual quality improvement.
- Facilitate/lead the Advanced Quality System (AQS) Team Corrective Action Board (CAB) Team activities and other events focused on improving plant quality performance.
- Train direct and perform the activities of QC personnel engaged in the inspection and testing of work-in-process and finished products to insure continuous control of materials and products consistency in the interpretation of quality requirements inspection methods and the calibration and use of various inspection media; consistency in the completion of quality documentation (including manufacturing work orders non-conforming documents first article and customer specific quality paperwork).Communicate expectations of performance and results coach individuals and team toward achievement and hold them accountable for performance as outlined in LMI company policy. Work to develop and facilitate a cohesive team environment which builds confidence and strong morale among inspection personnel manufacturing and support organizations.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding quality. This may entail technical responses to written claims and complaints on-site visits to customer facilities negotiation with customer quality representatives and/or reporting process capability and out-of-scope issues to interested customer service and program management personnel.
- Evaluate constraints of the existing quality department processes and procedures and develops strategies to address and resolve the constraints (e.g. source backlog variability in inspection criteria/interpretation random auditing sampling) and monitor backlog of future work in order to adjust staffing requirements by moving existing personnel or adding personnel as appropriate.
- Manage the scheduling and completion of internal and external audits consistent with the requirements of AS9100 ISO 9001 ISO 17025 Nadcap and Appendix 5 of FAA ACSEP Order 8100.7C and LMI procedures.Develop or assists with the development of training and workshops to ensure that personnel are informed and knowledgeable about LMI quality system and procedures. Insure that approved training is scheduled and utilizes the service of the HR department if necessary to coordinate attendance site preparation and development or delivery (limited) of training materials. Must have availability to travel to other sites and for training as required.
- As required works with department managers supervisors engineers production operators etc. on manufacturing processes research and development which may include tool design evaluation of new equipment developing manufacturing processes for potential new work and other projects.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting to the General Manager and plant management on completed projects.
- Assist Plant management in establishing metrics that will monitor success of the projects.
- May be required to travel to other facilities to assist with quality initiatives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelors degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university prefer Manufacturing Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Five years closely related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with training and building strong work teams that require minimal management oversight through the use of good delegation skills and understand participative decision-making.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize maintain focus and follow through and have good analytical skills.
- To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Contact Management systems; Microsoft Access Database software; Visio Design software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Must be able to work required hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be a US Person (Resident Alien or US Citizen).
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Strong and professional manager and leader a take-charge type of person with the ability to be firm but fair hold people accountable for achieving results and able to impart disciplinary action when necessary.
- Should have excellent communication (active listening) skills oral and written to interact with employees customers and vendors. Must be able to give clear and concise definition to employees.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a hands-on proactive manager that is willing to put in extra time and that takes pride in the quality of a product.
- Must lead by example; must earn the respect of all levels of the organization.
- Must support excellence through personal actions behavior high standards and quality in all endeavors.
- Should be an excellent problem solver - see the problem and know what needs to be done to fix it.
- Ability to read analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers customers employees and vendors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions percentages ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical dental vision life and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan - for access to counseling consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility terms and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities tasks and duties. The responsibilities tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties as assigned may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the companys online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-###-#### for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMIs Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
LMI FINISHING Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.